OK, reality is starting to set in. We’re planning to move to Seattle, Washington, at the end of June / early July.
This is a fantastic thing … we’ve loved living in San Antonio, and it’s been great for us to bring up the babies. But now that Emi is finishing her fellowship, we’re ready to head back to the west coast! And Emi’s new job was her first choice … so we’re very excited about that.
NOW comes the fun part. Selling our house and finding a new one in Seattle! And planning the move … and packing … we’ve already painted the interior of our home, and have done some yard work to prepare it to look as good as it can for potential buyers. We’re signing the papers with our realtor today and then will officially be on the market on Monday.
The tentative plan is to drive to Seattle, since it will take time for all of our belongings to be shipped there anyway, and we’d have to pay for car transport, temporary car rental and airfare anyway if we were to fly.
Below is the route we are considering … should be a lot of driving, but will be a lot of fun!
- Day 1 – San Antonio to Tucson would be the longest day, about 13 hours.
- Day 2 – Tucson to Anaheim … dinner at Disney hotel (Goofy’s Kitchen) – 8 hours
- Day 3 – Anaheim to Marin … see a couple old friends and show the kids SF / Sausalito – 6 hours if by I5; 8-9 hours if 101
- Day 4 – Marin to Eugene, Oregon, via Arcata – about 9 hours
- Day 5 – Eugene to Seattle – 5 hours